Friday, June 17, 2005

Day -16: Mail Drops

Several people have asked questions about how I resupply. Every week or two, I will hitchhike into a town and pick up a package from the local Post Office. My mom has been kind enough to volunteer to put together my mail drops and ship them to me. For the long stretches between mail drops, I will resupply at grocery stores in those towns instead.

People have also asked if they will be able to send me stuff at my mail drop locations. The answer is yes. I will make sure to keep this blog updated with my mail drop locations and estimated dates. I currently only have my first two mail drops scheduled.

Mail Drop #1 (ETA 07/08/05): Big Island, VA 24526
Mail Drop #2 (ETA 07/15/05): Waynesboro, VA 22980

All mail needs to be addressed:
Allyson Straka
c/o General Delivery
City, State ZIP

In the corner of the package/envelope, write in large letters "Please hold for A.T. Hiker - ETA xx/xx/xx".

If a package is sent after I've already been at that Post Office, they will hold the package for about 30 days and then return it to the sender.

Prugh - please don't send me a huge stuffed animal and make me carry it. :-)

Several people have asked about my cat Virgil as well. Tunde has been so awesome and volunteered to take him while I'm gone. Yes, she is either an amazing woman or legally insane. For those of you who are familiar with Virgil, he is not a normal cat. Tunde will also be keeping a blog to post crazy Virgil stories...she also has a cat and a dog, so I'm sure it will be pretty entertaining. Her blog is located at http://keslin.blogspot.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home