Sunday, July 31, 2005

Day 29: Comment Responses

Since there were so many comments over the past couple of postings, I thought I would take some time to reply to some of them.

Dubs - I finally got my tater skins...I thought of you girls and Bennigan's as I was eating them by myself at the restaurant. :(

Prugh - No, Patches was not purchased at Costco. However, I would like to point out that Patches lasted me approximately 130 uses while Balfy's Costco tent lasted 4 uses before it was thrown in the dumpster...Balfy was so proud of that tent at one point. Maybe it was Rash tripping over one of the wires that ruined it. Please don't hurt me, Rash.

Simmons - Regarding your question about camping alone...on my first hike, I was in the mass group of people starting out on their thru-hike. You couldn't camp alone no matter how hard you tried. Some nights, there were upwards of 20 or 30 people camped in the same area. This hike is MUCH different...lots of nights camping alone.

Tunde's Mom - I think your daughter is an amazing person for putting up with Virgil as long as she has. I owe her and Chris BIG TIME when I get back.

Rash - Regarding a "schedule"...I've decided that the only schedule I'm on is what I feel like doing at that moment. Yes, I would like to make 1,000 miles before I get back, but as long as I have fun on my hike...I don't care if I only make 300 miles.

Pelz - Glad to hear that you are man enough to admit your fear of bears. Does Praff have a fear of anyone in leggings or just him in leggings?

Focker - Ahhh...the memories of Lake McHugh...looking forward to the Aerobed.

The Linda's - Glad to hear things are going well with each of you. Miss you both greatly!!

Curt - I'll try to be careful so you don't have to recruit anymore QA folks. :)

Aggie - You really are a true friend. How are the walks to work going in wet clothes?

Mo - I don't even know where to start...have you seen your therapist lately? Also, thanks for putting that song in my head...its going to be the only thing I hear for the next week or so...Oompa Loompa, doompadee doo...

Dougle - Can't wait for the pulled pork. Is it better than Fat Willy's?

Moesha - No bad hitch-hiking stories yet...Billy-Bob has been very kind to me.

McHugh - hahaha That's cool that you like Tunde's blog so much. hahaha It makes me laugh to. haha Good to keep up on how Virgil is doing. hahaha

Thanks for all the comments!! Very entertaining.

1 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi HoosierMama...
Just found your blogsite...& look forward to following along as ya proceed north. Thanks for putting up with the boyscouts as we joined along on the recent couple of days hike thru the rollercoaster & in to Harpers Ferry. I know the guys (Slava/Zach/Scotty/Dave/Nick) enjoyed your company. I'll try to forward your blogsite address to as many of them as I can. Have Fun; enjoy the nature; be safe...
Gary Jacobsen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home